United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Job Recruitment 2020. Apply for the latest UN Job Vacancy in the ongoing UNV Career Job recruitment as Portal opens.
United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
We mobilize volunteers to serve in UN agencies, both in development programmes and peacekeeping operations
Applications are invited for the position below:
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Job Recruitment
Title: Project Support Officer
- Host Entity: UN-HABITAT
- Country: Egypt
- Duty Station: Cairo (EGY)
- Language Skills: English, Arabic, French
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Land Specialist, within the Regional Office for Arab States or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the Project Support Officer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Organize events in the region, supporting the preparation of knowledge exchange events, expert group meetings, twinning arrangements, training events and other events that will be organized as part of the ongoing land-related projects in the Arab region and conflict-affected countries.
2. Support the preparations of the second Arab Land Conference, scheduled to take place in Cairo, Egypt in February 2021.
3. Ensure that the implementation of country level activities related to the implementation of the Social Tenure Domain Model tool is on track and proceeds according to plans by having frequent discussions with country programme managers and partners.
4. Support the Land Specialist in the management of land-related projects, including through drafting and monitoring the implementation of contracts, support the identification of suitable implementing partners and guide them in their work, prepare project updates and reports, and other related tasks.
5. Expand the land governance network for Arab States by continuously update the existing regional Arab land stakeholder database, identify new opportunities for engagement, and reach out to new partners and land experts.
6. Ensure that UN-Habitat country offices partners are frequently updated about relevant new documents, materials, events and information on land governance and tenure security.
7. Develop and share communication materials on the work of UN-Habitat and the Arab Land Initiative in English, French and Arabic, in collaboration with the communication team and through the relevant UN-Habitat, GLTN, Arab Land Initiative platforms.
8. Undertake capacity needs assessments, design and deliver training events and prepare capacity development materials on land and HLP rights.
9. Develop and provide inputs into documents, reports, project documents and concept notes on land and HLP issues in Arab States and conflict-affected countries.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
• Advanced higher degree (Master’s or equivalent) in a relevant area, e.g. international development, international relations, law, urban or land management or related social sciences; a first-level university degree or equivalent in combination with relevant training and/or professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree;
Required experience: 60 Months
• At least five (5) years of professional work experience at the national and/or international level in urban development, land administration and management, partnership development, capacity building or related areas; working experience in the UN or other international development organizations and familiarity with working in the Arab region and conflict-affected countries are important assets;
• Good understanding of concepts and practices related to land management, housing land and property rights, human rights, urban development, gender and youth empowerment, and partnership development.
• Very good oral and written communication skills and able to tailor the communication style to the intended audience;
• Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
• Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; able to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels;
• Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
• Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
• Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
• Affinity with or interest in promoting transformative changes in human settlements through collaborative actions and volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, multilateralism and the UN System, knowledge and capacity development and partnership building.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Arabic(Mandatory), Level – Working Knowledge
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Administration and administrative assistance, Monitoring and evaluation, Database design, administration and maintenance
Driving license: No
Accountability, Communication, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Application procedure for UNV
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.