Apply for the latest United Nations career Job Vacancy in the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Job Vacancy & Recruitment 2020 via UNV Job Recruitment Portal.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. We work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board. Read more about the added value of UNV, UN Volunteers and volunteerism.
We mobilize volunteers to serve in UN agencies, both in development programmes and peacekeeping operations
Applications are invited for:
United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Job Vacancy Recruitment 2020
Title: Junior Officer on Circular Economy (Asia and the Pacific)
- Host Entity: UNDP
- Location: Philippines
- Duty Station: Manila (PHL)
- Language Skills: English
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of the Climate Action Programme Team Leader and Programme Analyst, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Support the conduct of research on circular economy and sustainable consumption and production, including existing policies, practices, models, tools, and innovations at the local and international level
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Country Office’s programme on circular economy
- Assist in the development of knowledge products and evidence-based advocacy packages for circular economy
- Assist in the planning and organizing of meetings, workshops and events
- Support establishing and maintaining collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders, including national and local government, private sector, nongovernment organizations, academe/research institutions, development partners to promote circular economy
- Assist in resource mobilization activities through providing inputs to the preparation of concept papers or project proposals for programmes promoting circular economy
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
Natural Sciences, Natural Resource Management, Climate Science, Engineering, Social Sciences, Economics, or any relevant fields
Required experience: Experience remark:
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience (up to 2 years) in sustainable consumption and production and circular economy
- Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded;
- Previous experience in research and developing communication products
- Demonstrated interest and experience in promoting innovation and sustainable development
- English (Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Other development programme/project experienceArea of expertise details:
Learning and development are a central part of the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment and take place before, during and after his or her assignment in the field. Ideally, offering diverse opportunities for learning and development aim to strengthen the volunteer’s skills and competences, improve the quality of the assignment and keep the volunteer’s motivation high.
Learning elements for the UN Youth Volunteer include the development of:
- Professional skills: including specific competencies and reflection on assignment-related abilities; and on-the-job skills such as time management, problem solving, team building; and career preparedness such as interview skills, CV preparation, job searching.
- Inter-personal skills: including communication and listening skills; multi-cultural awareness and cultural competency; and conflict and stress management.
- Volunteering-related skills: including leadership; civic responsibility; and engagement and active participation.
Beyond the learning opportunities provided by UNV, the host agency will support knowledge and capacity development in the technical areas that are relevant to the UN Youth Volunteer’s assignment. The host agency will provide, at its expense, UN Youth Volunteers with equal opportunity to participate in training courses and workshops offered to its personnel.Driving license: NoCompetencies values:
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Vision, Working in Teams
This assignment is funded by the Government of Korea, therefore only Korean nationals are eligible to apply. Moreover, candidates must be between 22 and 29 years of age throughout the duration of their service, i.e. born between 1 February 1992 and 1 January 1999.
Please apply via the link below. You can then either log in if you already have an account or register via ‘Candidate Signup’.
You may apply to a maximum of three assignments per advertisement and indicate your order of preference in the ‘Additional Remarks’ section of your profile.
Application deadline: 22 November 2020
Start Date: 01 February 2020
How to Apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The selection will be done by the UN Host Entity at the level of the country of assignment.
COVID-19: In case of travel restrictions, assignments may start remotely or start dates may be postponed