The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Female Internship Programme – ICT Intern
Requisition ID: 148102
Duration: 8 months
- The purpose of this female internship programme is to build WFP employer brand as an employer of choice among university students, bolster female staff representation and build the national talent pipeline for WFP’s future requirements.
- The programme is also expected to promote a better understanding of the United Nations among the participants through experience in the World Food Programme and Improve youth employability though providing an opportunity for work experience to female fresh graduates, and university students.
Key Accountabilities (Not All-Inclusive)
The selected candidate will be assisting the ICT unit with the following key duties:
- Assist in the documentation of business processes by use of flowcharts and use cases
- Provide support in the documentation of various SOPs: sensitization, assessment, registration, deduplication, distribution, redemption, settlement, reconciliation.
- Assist in the preparation of beneficiary data import in line with programmatic needs
- Interact effectively with internal and external colleagues and user groups to understand their needs, make follow up calls and reminders to weekly meeting with relevant colleagues.
- Contribute to the preparation of operational plans and deliver resource requirements
- Produce detailed functional specifications for solution development and write and review documentation appropriate to the System Development Life Cycle for quality, accuracy and comprehensive coverage of functionality
- Manage test scenarios and test cases, review unit testing for quality, accuracy and comprehensive coverage of both functionality and requirements
- Manage incoming change, maintenance and support activities to maximize the business value of developed IT solutions
- Perform any other related duties.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Holder of a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology or its related field;
- Have attended courses in the last 12 months or graduated in the last 12 months;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Fluent in English;
- Customer oriented approach with fast response time to queries from clients and good communication skills;
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations or Humanitarian Sector; Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views;
- Knowledge of data analytics and tools will be of added advantage;
- Knowledge of software development life cycle;
- Ability to design and document process flow by working closely with Business engagement officer;
- Capability of designing user friendly dashboards showing statistics and metrics on the usage of services, Conduct IT assessments and User surveys.
Other Specific Job Requirements:
- Good experience with IT tools (office suites and Internet in general)
- Knowledge with tools and standards for the software development process modelling and management
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging, team-oriented environment
- Inter-personal communications skills
- Must be a Female.
Terms and Conditions
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP up to the amount of US$942, paid in local currency according to the prevailing United Nations exchange rate.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas, and costs related.
Application Closing Date
11th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service