The Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro is a public University established by the Act of Delta State House of Assembly on 23rd February, 2021. The establishment of the University was a direct response of the Government of Delta State to the need for more tertiary intuitions in other to address the yearnings of the youths of Delta State and Nigeria in general in their quest for qualitative and sustainable University education
The University forms part of a cohesive University community within the growing agro-commercial town of Ozoro, Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State. It is approximately 95 kilometers to Warri in the West and about 115 killometers to Asaba, the capital of Delta State.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Bursar
- By virtue of the Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro Law (2021). The Bursar is a Principal Officer, who shall be appointed by the University Governing Council and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the financial administration of the University.
Qualifications for the Post
- The University Bursar, who is the Head of the Bursary Department, should have a Bachelor of Science Degree not less than Second Class Lower in Accounting or Higher National Diploma not less than Upper Credit in Accountancy and possess relevant professional qualifications such as ACCA, ACA or ANAN, plus a minimum of 18 years post qualification cognate experience in a University.
- The candidate should have at least (3) years’ experience at the level not below a Deputy Bursar in a University.
- Candidates who possess FCA, MBA or M.Sc. in addition in relevant discipline will have an advantage
- Candidate(s) must be ICT compliant, must be conversant with accounting and auditing software, must be of good health and have pleasant disposition.
- He/she must possess leadership qualities, courageous in enforcing compliance with University Financial Regulations, dependable with unassailable integrity and have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Similarly, candidates will be required to work long hours and in view of the size of the University must be quick in generating solutions to complex problems.
- He/she must not exceed 60 years of age at the point of assumption duty
- The University Bursar shall hold office for a single tenure of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions as specified in his/her letter of appointment.
- A consolidated salary for University Bursar with NUC approved benefits and allowance as applicable to the Nigerian University system plus other benefits as approved by governing council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 copies of their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their Certificates, Birth Certificates and relevant credentials, duly signed and dated by the candidate, and should comply with the following conditions. The detailed Curriculum Vitae should include:
- Name of Candidate (Surname first)
- Sex (Gender)
- Date of Birth (including month and year)
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children
- State of Orign
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- School(s) attended (with dates)
- Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Working Experiences
- List of Publications, if any (with dates)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Present Position and Salary
- GSM number and e-mail Address
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (including their phone number)
- A statement of the candidate’s own vision for the Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro as a University of 21st century (25 copies).
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in an envelope marked at the upper left hand corner “Post of Bursar, DSUST” to reach:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro,
- The applicants should request their Referees to forward on their behalf, confidential reports directly to reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council before the closing date.
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.