The Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro is a public University established by the Act of Delta State House of Assembly on 23rd February, 2021. The establishment of the University was a direct response of the Government of Delta State to the need for more tertiary intuitions in other to address the yearnings of the youths of Delta State and Nigeria in general in their quest for qualitative and sustainable University education
The University forms part of a cohesive University community within the growing agro-commercial town of Ozoro, Isoko North Local Government Area of Delta State. It is approximately 95 kilometers to Warri in the West and about 115 killometers to Asaba, the capital of Delta State.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- By virtue of the Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro Law (2021), the University Librarian is a Principal Officer, who shall be appointed by the University Governing Council and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University Library and the coordination of the library services in the University and its Faculties and Departments.
Qualifications for the Post
- Candidate(s) must possess a Doctorate Degree in Library and Information Science or related field from a recognized University.
- Candidate(s) must also have at least twenty (20) years experience in a University library as well as cataloguing and automation experience.
- A strong proof of continuing research with appreciable evidence of scholarly twenty-four (24) publications in print both in quality and quantum in reputable International and national journals is required.
- The publications should be spread as follows: Foreign at least 25%, National: at least 50% and Local: Maximum 25%.
- Candidates must show evidence of thorough understanding of the applications of new technologies in library operations services
- Computer literacy and operation of ICT in library services is an essential requirement.
- The candidate should not be below the rank of Deputy University Librarian. He/she must not exceed 60 years of age at the point of assumption of duty.
- The University Librarian shall be required to possess ability to think analytically and to develop new or revised systems, procedures, and work flow, knowledge of computers, the internet, and commercially available library software.
- H/she shall have the ability to prepare comprehensive reports and present ideas clearly and concisely in written and oral form, ability to make administrative decisions, interpret policies, and supervise staff, knowledge of the philosophy and techniques of library service, creativity to develop and implement library programs and services, and desire to meet and serve the library’s user community.
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a single tenure of five (5) years and on such terms and conditions a specified in his/her letter of appointment.
- A consolidated salary for University Librarian with NUC approved benefits and allowance as applicable to the Nigerian University system plus other benefits as approved by the Governing Council from time to time.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 copies of their Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopies of their Certificates, Birth Certificates and relevant credentials, duly signed and dated by the candidate, and should comply with the following conditions. The detailed Curriculum Vitae should include:
- Name of Candidate (Surname first)
- Sex (Gender)
- Date of Birth (including month and year)
- Marital Status
- Number and Age of Children
- State of Orign
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- School(s) attended (with dates)
- Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Working Experiences
- List of Publications, if any (with dates)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Present Position and Salary
- GSM number and e-mail Address
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees (including their phone number)
- A statement of the candidate’s own vision for the Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro as a University of 21st century (25 copies).
Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover, in an envelope marked at the upper Left Hand Corner “Post of Librarian, DSUST” to reach:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Delta State University of Science and Technology, Ozoro,
- The applicants should request their Referees to forward on their behalf, confidential reports directly to reach the Registrar and Secretary to Council before the closing date.
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.