EnCompass is a women-owned business headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. Our global and multicultural team of staff and consultants are passionate about supporting positive change in education, food security, gender equality and inclusive development, global health, and human rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist (USAID Nigeria IHS)
Job type: Full-time
- EnCompass LLC is seeking Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist candidates for an upcoming five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Health Workforce Management activity in Nigeria.
- The purpose of this five-year task order is to support the establishment of a cost‐effective, well-trained and motivated health workforce, particularly in targeted rural and remote areas of Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
- The position is full-time and based in Abuja with travel to Bauchi, Sokoto, Kebbi, and Ebonyi States and the Federal Capital Territory.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- The MEL Specialist must have appropriate expertise on MEL and research related to the use of performance indicators and various research / evaluation methodologies to determine outputs and outcomes throughout the activity cycle.
- The position will manage the MEL system, and the gathering, analyzing and reporting on relevant data to help inform decision-making.
Essential functions include:
- Provide the strategic guidance, vision, and management for successful monitoring and evaluation of the project
- Work closely with key personnel and supervises M&E staff and ensures the strategic and functional integration of all M&E activities as well as active collaboration with donors, other implementers, and local counterparts
- Develop and implement a MEL plan across all program components including identification of process, output, and outcome indicators
- Oversee the program’s collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) process in collaboration with the Country Director; ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; work with the leadership team to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management
- Produce M&E reports, annual performance plans and MEL plans for the program team and USAID
- Oversee research and evaluation activities related to HRH in collaboration with local partners
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-graduate degree in statistics, demographics, public health, epidemiology, Social Sciences, or a related discipline
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience designing and implementing MEL systems on complex donor-funded development projects. Experience implementing MEL activities on health system strengthening projects
Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated progressive experience in monitoring and evaluation of HSS and HRH programs and working with development agencies and organizations, government officials, project beneficiaries and project staff
- Proven success in designing and implementing program M&E systems from program initiation to closeout stages
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies
- A demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment in a program
- Familiarity with the application of digital development in HRH in resource-poor settings
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required
- Experience managing MEL for USAID programs is desirable
- Citizens of Nigeria are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application
- The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.