The BBC is an international multimedia broadcaster on radio, TV, online and social networks with a weekly global audience of 320 million. As part of an historic multi-million pound expansion of BBC Africa, the BBC World Service is introducing a wide range of new and exciting language and regional content to serve African and global audiences.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Journalist, BBC News – Igbo Service
Job Reference: BBC/TP/590126/64509
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract/attachment.
Job Category: Journalism
Business Unit: News – WSG World Service
- BBC World Service is an international multimedia broadcaster, part of BBC News, delivering a wide range of language and regional services and working increasingly with other parts of BBC News to serve global audiences.
- It uses multiple platforms to reach its weekly audience of 468 million globally (2020 figure), including TV, digital platforms, social media, AM, FM, shortwave, digital satellite and cable channels.
- As a Video Journalist in the Igbo Service team you will be expected to produce, record and edit video content with speed and utmost creativity.
- You will offer story ideas and will routinely self shoot and edit news packages for use across multiple platforms.
Are you the right candidate?
- The successful candidate will have first class video journalism skills, with the ability to gather and prepare audio and video material for broadcast.
You will also command the following attributes:
- Storytelling ability through the use of audio and video.
- Ability to spot potential newsworthy stories for use on any service
- Recognising the distinct requirements of different types of output
- Ability to self-shoot and edit video routinely which is the main focus of the role
- Good command of spoken and written Igbo language.
Application Closing Date
29th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This role will require you to travel at short notice.
- Local terms and conditions apply.
- Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having the right to work in Nigeria