The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Voucher Examiner – All Interested Candidates (Alternate Cashier)
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 07. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
- All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: Not Required
- The Voucher Examiner / Alternate Cashier position is in the Cashiering and Vouchering unit of the Financial Management Center, U.S. Embassy Abuja and reports to the Senior Voucher Examiner.
- The Voucher Examiner / Alternate Cashier provides the full range of cashiering services to the Mission community in accordance with U.S. Government and Department of State regulations in addition to the review, examination and processing of all types of payment vouchers and allowances for the Mission.
- The position performs duties in compliance with ICASS Service Standards.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Minimum of three (3) years work experience with financial matters is required.
- Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations governing voucher examination is required. Knowledge of appropriation Law, Cashier User Guide (CUG), and standard regulations governing cashiering operations is required. As Cashier, incumbent should have good knowledge of local bank operation systems and Point of Contacts (POCs) at those banks for various cashier transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Administration is required.
- Note: NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in English language speaking, reading and writing is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure and maintain a good composure, good attention to details, excellent typing abilities with a focus on accuracy, strong calculation skills, ability to effectively utilize computers and financial software, excellent customer service skills are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
NGN6,455,212 (USD38,056) Annually.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Apply to this Vacancy” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- NYSC Certificate
For EFMs, in addition to the above:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
- For More Info: HR Section – 09-461-4000, [email protected]