PZ Cussons is a dynamic consumer products group and innovator of some of the world’s best known and loved brands. Calling on over 130 years of expertise, we operate internationally in carefully selected developed and emerging markets that present the greatest strategic potential for future growth. Our world-class supply chain and distribution networks enable us to meet our global consumer needs and deliver quality brands that add value and enhance everyday lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Warehouse Clerk
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos
Department: Warehouse & Store
OU/Country: PZ Wilmar Nigeria
Revision number: 03
Document No: PZW/MS/F/0035
- To ensure the management and accountability for all inbound logistics (Refinery, Engineering, Production and Packing inward materials and spares) and Scheduling of all operational activities to meet target output.
- Finished Goods receipt from production Finished goods reconciliation Stock count and reconciliation IM SAP posting accuracy Daily record of all items received Build and maintain effective customer service relationship both with Internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain acceptable standard of safety and housekeeping.
- To check cargo Waybills carefully, ensure only approved quality and quantity of materials are received and to off-load materials promptly, enter shortages on the waybill and obtain Driver’s signature.
- To raise G.R.A’s, R.S.A’s, T.D.N’s and other documents necessary for accurate record keeping. To maintain stock control record cards of receipts and issues and compare same every month and the office records.
- To ensure prompt deliveries to production as covered by Stores Requisition.
- To accept I.O.U only in the case of emergency this must be authorized by the stock Controller and in his absence by the sectional Manager.
- To arrange the store in an orderly manner for easy checking, report shortages and low stock holdings immediately, to maintain general cleanliness in the stores and the surroundings
- Responsible for the implementation of the management systems requirements in the department
EMS, OHSMS and FSSC Responsibilities
- Implement and comply with EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements relating to environmental aspects and impacts and other policies, procedures and /or regulations applicable to assigned jobs
- Understand and apply the intent of the EMS/FSSC/OHS policy and requirements to assigned jobs
- Understand roles, responsibilities, and the importance of conformity to the EMS/FSSC/OHS requirements.
- Understand the significant environmental aspects and related actual or potential impacts associated with their work, and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance
- Understand the potential consequences of departure from specified OHS procedures or legal requirements.
- Ensure prompt escalation (adequate communication) of any food safety related issues to any FSTM, FSTL and or next line of reporting manager
- Peer Relationships
- Attach organization chart showing manager and direct reports as well as peers
- Reports to: Warehouse Supervisor
- Turnover of unit
- Budget responsibility
- Team Size
- Total Warehouse Head Count – 20
- Managers – 1
- Ungraded Staff – 19
- The key outputs of the job
- List in priority order if possible, typically 8-10
- NOT a task list
- Any requirement for organizing & planning including own work and the allocation of resources
- Typical decisions made and if they are advisory or directly responsible for the outcome
Internal & External Relationships:
- Identify the most significant ones
- Attach a preferred suppliers list if available
- Detail which networks the jobholder will be part of e.g. finance, category
- External – Suppliers and third party transporters
- Internal – Planning & Procurement Team, Factory, Outbound Logistics, Finance team, Sales team, Marketing team.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- OND in any discipline
- 2 – 3 years experience
- List any qualifications required to do the job
- Be specific about the experience needed
- Focus on type of experience not the time served
- Significant experience in inventory management,reconciliation, issuance and receipt of goods.
- Good understanding of inventory planning (FIFO, FEFO, LIFO)
Job Context & Special Features:
- Explain any special features or context in which the job operates
- Detail any language or mobility requirements
- Ability to take decision decisively and Good sense of judgment.
- Ability to grasp complex concepts easily.
- Pay attention to minute detail.
- Excellent planning, negotiating, and organizing skills.
- Great physical health.
- Ability to motivate co-workers, colleagues and others.
- Ability to display self-confidence
- Ability to operate in a systematic and logical manner.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online