Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Welder, Mechanical
>>>CLICK HERE to Join JOBS IN NIGERIA & OVERSEAS Telegram Channel
Requisition ID: IbesePlantMech012
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Employment Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- A Welder, or Brazer, is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using welding machines and torches that emits high heat and solder / melting the metal into shape.
- Their duties include reviewing blueprints, cutting metal into the appropriate shape and smoothing molten metal to remove creases.
Among other things by carrying out the followings:
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of universal standards and specifications in order to meet maintenance requirements in manufacturing plant.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps.
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing, in a clear, effective and professional manner.
- Promote safety by working adhering to company safety guidelines; which includes but is not limited to the proper use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).Ability to work in confined spaces
- Maintain good housekeeping in work areas.
- Report day to day activities to Engineer / Supervisor.
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Performance Bonus.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online