Apply for the latest World Health Organization WHO Recruitment 2021 as job portal opens for the ongoing career vacancies recruitment for WHO jobs 2021.
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
World Health Organization WHO Recruitment 2021
1.) Consultant, Support FMoH in the Implementation of WHO Package of Essential Non-communicable Diseases (WHO PEN) in 12 PHCs
Deadline: 22nd September, 2021.
Click Here To View Details
2.) One-Health Sherpa Officer – NO-B
Deadline: 23rd September, 2021.
Click Here To View Details
3.) National Consultant to Support the Tricycle Surveillance Project in Nigeria
Deadline: 12th September, 2021 .
Click Here To View Details
- 9mobile Vacancies / Jobs Recruitment 2021
- CWAY Group Recruitment 2021
- WAEC Economics Questions 2021 and Answers 2021 (FREE) – Theory and Objective Economics 2021
- Qatar Airways Recruitment 2021
- Shared Services Specialist at Qatar Airways
- Wema Bank Recruitment 2021 (Exp. & Trainee Jobs)
- 2021 WAEC Government Questions & Answers for Essay and Objectives
- Account Assistant at CWAY North Table Water Abuja
Description of Duties
The incumbent will be responsible for the following functions:
- Implement the HR strategy for the clusters of focus including workforce and succession plans keeping abreast of turnover due to separations, reassignments and retirements of staff;
- Provide HR policy advisory services to the HR staff and management within Clusters of focus;
- Build a strong and valued business relationship with the Cluster management and staff engaging them to deliver jointly strategic HR objectives and move the business model forward;
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection processes, in line with the Harmonized selection policies, leading to timely sourcing, selection and placement of required talent. Initiates transparent and competitive recruitment and selection processes in Stellis (review of job descriptions, provision of input to job classification process, vacancy announcement, longlisting, shortlisting, interviews and step determination);
- Manage the non-staff recruitment for consultants, interns, SSAs, secondees etc;
- As the knowledge management focal point for the unit, establish and maintain an electronic, central filing system for all the unit files;
- In liaison with ITM, coordinate the tools and systems for the unit, such as docushare etc;
- Collaborate with Programme Administrative Officers in the planning, resource allocation and status of HR plans;
- Brief newly recruited staff on employment conditions and entitlements; guide them on their contractual status and attend to all queries related to the onboarding process including organizing orientation sessions;
- Liaising with the Staff Development Team provides advice on learning & development options for staff. Provides guidance on options for learning delivery;
- Provide advice on position descriptions and ensure all positions are updated and properly classified in the Global Management System (GSM);
- Supervise a team of HR Assistants and develop their capacities to achieve performance excellence and high team morale. As a new team, continuously develop their necessary competencies to successfully deliver objectives;
- Back-up the HR Officer or Team Leader covering their respective portfolios.
- Essential: First university degree in Human Hesources Management, Business or Public Administration, Administrative Law or any of the behavioral Sciences, or (for WHO staff only) equivalent in training and self-study.
- Desirable: Training in recruitment processes, staff benefits and entitlements or any other HR specialized area.
- Essential: Minimum five (5) years of experience in Human Resource Management in an international organization, including supervision of staff.
- Desirable: Good knowledge of WHO Human Resources management and end-to-end business processes as designated in the Global Management System or similar ERP systems. Experience in project management, ideally in the UN system and / or a public health context. Relevant field experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to interpret Staff Rules and HR policies and determine staff entitlements; Ability to counsel and communicate effectively; Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment; Skills in electronic, information management.
- Proficient in standard office software.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills:
- Essential: Excellent knowledge of English or French.
- Desirable: Working knowledge of the other.
- WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 60,962 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 3251 per month for the duty station indicated above.
- Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Additional Information and Notice
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s) / diploma(s) / certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited / recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment / extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO’s workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- For WHO General Service staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.
- Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.