Apply for the latest Chemonics International Recruitment 2021 as career portal opens for ongoing vacancies recruitment for Chemonics jobs 2021.
At Chemonics, we believe our mission of helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives is driven by our commitment to service-service to our mission, to our beneficiaries, to our clients, and to our staff.
Chemonics International Recruitment 2021
Job Title: Human Resources and Administrative Associate – Nigeria SHARP TO1
- We seek a Human Resources and Administrative Associate for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order One in Northwestern Nigeria.
- SHARP Task Order One will implement accelerated scale-up of interventions and cost-effective innovations to improve access to and quality of HIV/AIDS and TB service delivery, while strengthening the national health system in the Northwestern states of Kebbi, Kwara, Niger, Sokoto and Zamfara.
- The program will support HIV testing services, HIV diagnosis and treatment, HIV care and support, laboratory services, and health systems strengthening.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. Please note this position will be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Support the full cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations, including but not limited to: coordinating job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, facilitating the biodata process, processing offers of employment.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Operations with all administrative processes related to the employment of local professional and support staff and short-term consultants.
- Liaises with the Director of Finance and Operations and the home-office project management unit to facilitate all onboarding and offboarding processes of project staff. The associate will be responsible for the disbursement and/or collection of all relevant project materials including but not limited to: HR documents, ID badges, business cards, and project equipment.
- Manage the project personnel tracker and update the organogram as needed, ensuring project personnel and recruitment files are maintained in accordance with Chemonics’ policies, local labor laws, and USAID regulations, while ensuring confidentiality and safety of all data.
- Coordinate with other Chemonics’ Nigeria projects to manage project health and life insurance renewals and ensure all staff information is up to date.
- Support the finance team with administration of staff benefits according to appropriate plans and local labor law requirements.
- Maintain records of annual leave and sick leave and keep staff, supervisors and the Director of Finance and Operations informed of balances.
- Provide support in performance management processes by administering trainings on the annual assessment process and coordinating the collection and filing of the assessments.
- Support the Director of Finance and Operations in preventing and/or resolving employee relations issues in coordination with the home-office project management unit, Global HR, and Chemonics’ Office of Business Conduct.
- Ensure project compliance with Chemonics’ policies, local labor law, and USAID regulations. Act as a project resource for questions pertaining to the aforementioned.
Operations / Administrative:
- Assist with the organization of meetings and events on and off site as directed which may include the setting up of rooms, arranging catering and refreshments, ensuring the necessary equipment is in place and functioning, taking minutes where necessary, and the preparation of papers for distribution.
- Accurately track and record project equipment, ensuring proper maintenance and security.
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for project staff and visitors as requested.
- Ensure operation of office equipment including reviewing maintenance requirements, arranging for necessary repairs, maintaining equipment inventories, and evaluating new equipment.
- Maintain stock records for stationery and supplies for the office, working with suppliers and verifying receipt of supplies and requisitioning in line with office procedures.
- Ensure all required records are kept up to date and in line with SHARP TO 01 requirements.
- Receive visitors to the office with high standard of courtesy and hospitality and direct them appropriately.
- File and retrieve Project documents, records, and reports.
- Collect and sort incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust, innovation, and exceeding expectations.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Human Resources, Business Administration, Development or a related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience. Previous HR/administrative experience within a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment preferred.
- Experience working on a USAID or donor-funded project is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook) is required. Prior experience with SharePoint and Formstack preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work in a small team environment to support a wider program team.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and work independently while being a team player with a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Demonstrate willingness to take on challenges and work toward continued process improvements to foster and implement an environment of efficiency.
- Possess a strong commitment to diversity, equal opportunity and capacity building.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Please note this position is open to applicants who are cooperating country nationals (CCNs) and eligible to work in the country of Nigeria. CCN is defined as a cooperating country citizen or a non-cooperating country citizen lawfully admitted for permanent residence in the cooperating country.
Deadline: 24th January, 2021
How to Apply for Chemonics International Recruitment 2021
- Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled.
- No telephone inquiries, please.
- Finalists will be contacted.